- Entered the profession in 2018
- PhD in materials science from École Polytechnique
- Graduate of Grenoble INP- Phelma, Electrochemistry and Processes for Energy and the Environment
After completing several internships related to electrochemical conversions and/or storage , Bon Min, Guillaume Koo obtained his PhD degree on a method of spectroscopic characterization of a negative electrode material of Li-ion batteries within the condensed matter physics laboratory, a joint-research unit of CNRS/École Polytechnique (UMR 7643).
His scientific background allows him to understand inventions in the fields of materials science, mechanics, electrochemistry, analytical chemistry, microelectronic processes and instrumentation..
Having entered the profession in 2018, Guillaume Koo drafts patent applications and monitors their prosecution in France, Europe and worldwide.
Bicultural, Guillaume Koo is bilingual in French and Korean. Thanks to his French and Korean heritage, he is a perfect partner for our Korean clients active in Europe as well as for our European clients active in Korea.
Member of ASCoF (Association des Scientifiques Coréens en France) since 2008
2014 – 2016: Teaching Assistant at the Orsay University Institutes of Technology, affiliated with University of Paris-Sud
Before joining LLR, Céline Thirapounnho worked as a lawyer at the Paris Bar for 11 years.
Her activity was dedicated to intellectual property, including in particular trademark law, design rights, copyright and unfair competition law. Céline worked in both consulting (drafting and contract negotiations, IP support for M & A transactions, consultations) and in litigation (counterfeiting cases, settlement negotiation) for companies in luxury, retail and consumer goods; for the media, entertainment and technology sector.
Since 2018, Céline Thirapounnho has joined our team of intellectual property attorneys in Paris and Beijing.
- Entered the profession in 2005
- Masters in Electronics and Telecommunications from Rennes I University – Supelec
- French Patent Attorney
- Lecturer at INPI (National Institute of Industrial Property (France)), Université de Rennes I and INSA (National Institute of Applied Sciences (France))
- Graduate from the CEIPI in patents
Oliver Horr worked at TECHNICOLOR, a large industrial firm in the digital television and movie industry services sectors, for twenty years.
For the first ten years, he served as a design engineer / project manager, in particular as a systems architect.
He later worked as a technical expert on patent infringement analysis and collaborated in negotiating license contracts for the firm’s patents.
In 2011, he became patent attorney in Technicolor’s Industrial Property division and participated in the acquisition of rights for technologies in transporting and treating audio and visual data, telecommunications networks and wireless communications standards. He thus acquired valuable experience in managing standard essential patents and patent value maximisation.
For close to five years, Olivier Horr then worked as a patent attorney in a technology transfer office, SATT Ouest Valorisation, involved in acquiring, managing and maximising the value of industrial property rights in various fields, notably ICT, mechanics, physics and materials chemistry.
Olivier Horr joined LLR in 2018 as a patent attorney specialised in ICT and physics. He drafts patent applications and monitors European and international patent delivery procedures. He carries out patentability studies, freedom-to-operate reviews and other consulting services such as co-ownership management, employee inventions, inventor training, etc. He provides consultant services to novice entrepreneurs as well as to firms that file large numbers of patents.
- formerly member of ASPI, (Association of Industrial Property Specialists (France))
- formerly member of LES (Licensing Executives Society) France
- Lecturer at INPI (National Institute of Industrial Property (France)) training for intellectual property coordinators (CAPI)
- Lecturer for the Master I-MARS (INSA, Supélec, IMT-Atlantique, UBS)
- Lecturer at Université de Rennes I (IUT, ISTIC, Faculté de Sciences Economiques)
Entered the profession in 2006
Master of Law (East China University of Political Science and Law)
Working language: Chinese, English
Working Location: Shanghai
Waai WU worked in one of the leading intellectual property law firms in China and served as in-house attorney in a manufacturing corporation.
She joined LLR China’s team in 2018 and works at our Shanghai office.
She specializes in providing legal advice and services on trademarks, including registration, opposition, revocation, invalidation, assignment, license, etc. and infringement matter.
Her precise diagnosis and professionalism have been recognized by clients.
- Entered the profession in November 2015
- Joined our team in November 2017
- Master I Biochemistry and Biotechnologies at University of Toulouse 3 – Paul Sabatier
- Master II Biology Health, speciality: Oncology
- Graduate of CEIPI in invention patents
After completing his end of study internship in a research team specialised in oncology within a public organisation, Laurent Badie graduated from the CEIPI and has worked as a patent engineer since November 2015.
Following a first experience in an IP firm in Paris then two years in Luxemburg, he joined LLR in November 2017 as a patent engineer. His main fields are biotechnologies and mechanics. He drafts patent applications and defends them during grant procedures, in France and abroad for small and medium-sized companies, large groups and public organisms.
- Entered the profession in 2010.
- MSc « Structures, Crashworthiness and Impact » (Cranfield University, UK)
- Graduate Aeronautics Engineer from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Mecanique et d’Aérotechnique (ENSMA)
- Graduate from the Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) in invention patents, trademarks and designs.
- French Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Languages: English (bilingual), Spanish, Italian, German
After entering the profession in 2010 and four years of experience within one of the largest industrial property firms in Paris, Alexandra ROSSI-VON THUGEN joined our team in 2014 as a patent engineer skilled in the fields of aeronautics, mechanics and material science.
Alexandra drafts patent applications both in french and english, follows up French, Swiss, European and foreign grant procedures and also carries out patentability and freedom-to-operate studies.
In 2017, Alexandra ROSSI-VON THUGEN relocated to Geneva where she pursued her activity as a patent attorney in a Swiss firm.
She returned to LLR as soon as the Swiss office of LLR was founded.
After graduating in “Ingénierie Documentaire”, Emmanuelle joined Alma Consulting Group (which became Ayming) as an information analyst in the innovation department.
Since 2005, she has been working as a patent analyst, first with a ten-year experience in an intellectual property firm in Lyon, where she carried out patent searches in support of the engineers in varied technical fields. Then, she undertook patent searches in industry for four years, first in the food industry within the patent department of Limagrain Group, then in the energy sector within the Technology and Market Watch Department of IFP Energies Nouvelles.
In these two companies, in addition to her traditional tasks of patent searches and technology watch, she acquired targeted expertise in the development of patent mapping in various technical fields.
She joined the Documentation service of LLR in 2018. She carries put patentability and FTO searches, and searches in some cases of litigation. She also conducts patent mapping studies. She further implements technological watch and patent procedure monitoring. She is involved in all the technical fields covered by our firm.
- Entered the profession in 2005
- Materials engineer from INSA Lyon
- Graduate of ENSSIB in “Ingénierie Documentaire”
- Graduate of Lyon 1 Universtiy in macromolecular and composite materials
- Association des Professionnels de l’Information et de la Documentation (ADBS)
- Club Francophone d’Information Brevet (CFIB)
Following her final-year internship at our firm in China and Paris, Yifan Zhang chose to pursue her collaboration with LLR as a patent engineer.
She assists small and large companies by drafting and filing patent applications in French and Chinese, supervising grant procedures in France, China and abroad and is involved in various consultations such as freedom-to-operate studies. She is specialized in the fields of mechanics and material science.
Yifan Zhang is bilingual in French and Chinese and speaks fluent English. Thanks to her French and Chinese heritage, she is the perfect partner for our Chinese clients established in Europe and our European clients established in China.
- Joined our team in 2014
- Civil engineer from Ecole des Mines de Nancy, with a specialisation in sciences and material engineering (2014)
- Graduate from the Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) in invention patents (2016)
- Lawyer，Patent Attorney
- Entered the profession in 2016
- Master of Law（Renmin University of China）
- Bachelor of Engineering (Dalian Jiaotong University)
- Language：Chinese and English
- Working Location：Beijing
Ms. Yan is qualified as a lawyer and a patent attorney. Ms. Yan’s original majors were Mechanical Engineering and Software Engineering, then she studied Intellectual Property Law in Renmin University of China’s Law School, which laid a solid and profound foundation of her technical and legal knowledge.
Ms. Yan is proficient at understanding the technical contents of patent and technical materials. Ms. Yan specializes in administrative proceedings and intellectual property litigation, especially on trademark and patent-related issues, such as refusal appeals and invalidation claims. She has participated in various administrative procedures and litigations involving trademark and patent disputes with serious and efficient work.
- Entered the profession in 2006
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Engineering (Hebei University)
- Working Location：Beijing
Mr. Li is an lawyer as well as a patent attorney. He specializes in handling intellectual property issues, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition, trade secrets, technological contract disputes, new varieties of plants and other disputes.