Patent Attorney - Partner
Before joining LLR Emmanuel Potdevin worked in two leading French Industrial Property firms.
He is responsible for patent files in the automotive, aeronautic, electronic and cosmetic sectors, etc. He drafts and files domestic and foreign patent applications and monitors examination procedures up to granting.
He provides legal advice on patent validity and freedom-to-operate. He conducts validity and patentability searches. He handles opposition as well as infringement and employee invention litigation files and has conducted numerous infringement seizures.
He advises and assists very large industrial groups, innovating start-ups and universities with their patent strategy in France, Europe and throughout the world.
Emmanuel Potdevin is a member of LLR's Executive Committee.
- Entered the profession in 1992
- Graduate engineer from the I.D.N. which became Ecole Centrale de Lille
- Graduate from the Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) in invention patents and trademarks, drawings and models
- French Patent, Trademark & Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- DUES university diploma in European patent litigation
- MSc Intellectual Property Law (Strasbourg University)
- Lecturer at CEIPI, epi-CEIPI, Ecole Centrale de Lille and the French Patent and trademark Office.
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Ordinex : Organisation internationale des experts
Teaching / Training :
- Since 2016 : Lecturer at the A-B Intensive last-minute courses for the EQE main examination at epi-CEIPI. Emmanuel Potdevin helps candidates who wish to become European Patent Attorneys in their final preparations for sitting for papers A (drafting of claims) and B (preparing a reply to an official letter) of the European qualifying examination (EQE).
- Since 2015 : Lecturer at the A-B Preparatory seminars for the EQE main examination at epi-CEIPI. Emmanuel Potdevin helps candidates who wish to become European Patent Attorneys prepare to sit for papers A (drafting of claims) and B (preparing a reply to an official letter) of the European qualifying examination (EQE).
- Since 2012: Lecturer at the CEIPI. Emmanuel Potdevin helps long-tuition and accelerated course candidates who wish to become European Patent Attorneys prepare to sit for paper C (patent opposition) and for the oral tests of the European qualifying examination (EQE).
- 2011: Breakfast-debate organised by LLR: "Patents and secrets" conference
- 2010: Breakfast-debate organised by LLR: Conference on infringement seizure
- Since 2001: Lecturer at the National Industrial Property Institute (INPI). Emmanuel Potdevin participates in several training days organized by the INPI for managers, research and university valorization units and employees of Industrial Property firms and company IP departments. The courses concern patent law in France, the European patent procedure, patent strategy and freedom-to-operate studies.
- Since 1999 : Tutor at epi-CEIPI in Basic training in European Patent Law. Emmanuel Potdevin conducts training sessions for future practitioners who wish to become certified European Patent Attorneys. These sessions concern the inventive step condition (sine qua non condition of patentability) and communications of the European Patent Office with third parties.
- Since 1998: Lecturer at the École Centrale de Lille. Emmanuel Potdevin teaches second and third year student engineers the basics of patent law, in particular through a theoretical presentation and case studies, to familiarise them with the stakes and rules of Industrial Property.