Guillaume de LA BIGNE
Patent Attorney - Partner
Guillaume de LA BIGNE is co-founder of the firm LLR. After having been Chief of the watch in the Navy, he worked for the firm General des Eaux (Veolia) in Méry-sur-Oise water treatment plant. In 1990, he joined one of the most important French industrial property firms.
Since 2000, he is managing partner of LLR. He advises a wide range of companies and public research organizations on the various aspects of their innovations. He also works with collective bodies such as chambers of commerce to raise awareness in industrial SMEs in industrial property protection strategies. He monitors procedures to obtain patents in France and abroad (drafting of patent applications, review procedures) for large companies, SMEs and public research organizations. He assists them in identifying the inventions to need to be protected and advises them on freedom of operation with respect to rights held by third parties. He also drafts contracts relating to industrial property.
He is very much involved in the development of LLR's exerpertise in litigation and has led many saisies-contrefaçon in various areas. He advises a large tyre manufacturer, automotive OEMs, manufacturers of medical devices and packaging manufacturers.
Born in Spain, he can follow procedures, discussions and disputes in Spanish, as easily as in French or English.
He participated in establishing LLR China in Beijing and continues to support its development in defence of the interests of French and European companies in China.
He remains involved in the training of new generations of professionals in particular as a lecturer at the INPI (the French Institute for intellectual property) and epi (the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office) / CEIPI (the Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies).
Guillaume de La Bigne is a member of LLR's Executive Committee.
- Entered the profession in 1990
- Engineer of the National School of Electricity and Mechanics Nancy (ENSEM); Mechanical control; DEA in Industrial Systems Engineering
- Graduate from the Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) in invention patents and trademarks, drawings and models
- French Patent, Trademark and Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- MSc Intellectual Property Law (Strasbourg University)
- Lecturer at the epi/CEIPI
- Union pour la Juridiction Unifiée du Brevet (UJUB - Union for the Unified Patent Court)
- European Patent Litigators Association (EPLIT)
- Association des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (ACPI)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Réseau C.U.R.I.E. (Coopération des Services Universitaires de Relations Industrielles et Économiques)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- 2016: Involvement in the UJUB Mock Trial of June 6 (Opt Out)
- 2012: The Handbook of European Intellectual Property Management: "How to limit a patent" (3ème édition)
- 2011: Eure-et-Loir CCI Innovation Forum. Organisation of a workshop on the theme: "Protecting an innovation: trademark, patent or model?»
- 2011: Eure-et-Loir CCI Innovation Forum. Organisation of a workshop on the theme: "Protecting an innovation: trademark, patent or model? »
- 2010: Breakfast-debate organised by LLR: "The advantages of American, Chinese and European industrial property rights »
- 2009: Membre du Comité Scientifique du "Salon Européen de la Recherche & de l'Innovation" (SERI)
- 2009: "Innovate in Eure-et-Loir" forum. Participation in a round table on the theme "Industrial property: What to protect, when, how?»