- Entered the profession in 2000
- French, Swiss and European Patent Attorney
- Graduate from the CEIPI in patents
- Graduate from the CEIPI in trademarks and designs
- Graduate from the Institut des Sciences et Techniques de l’Ingénieur d’Angers (ISTIA)
After spending 7 years with Peugeot Citroën Automobiles and 9 years with ICB (a consultancy firm part of the Swatch watchmaking group), Yann Couillard joined LLR in 2016 as patent engineer specialised in the field of materials, physics and mechanics.
He drafts patent applications and follows up French, Swiss, European and foreign grant procedures. He also advises his clients on their industrial property strategies, assists them with potential litigations and conducts patentability and freedom-to-operate studies.
Yann Couillard is mainly involved in the following fields:
Materials: polymers, silicon, metallic alloys, electroformed metals, corundum and ruby;
Automotive: suspension, structure, traction system, hybridisation, air conditioning, interior fittings, energy management, tyres, bodywork; and
Horology: resonator, escapement, clockwork, tribology, shockproof bearing, energy source.