Transfer Contracts : Arbitration, Mediation et Litigation
Intellectual property (IP) related contracts, such as those being listed here below, are omnipresent in international business.
- trademark related contracts for transnational distribution of goods or franchises;
- copyright related contracts for transnational display or performance of music, films, games, novels, or software;
- patent or know-how related contracts for transnational manufacturing of products;
- multiple IPs related contracts for joint-venture or R & D collaboration, etc.
Unfortunately, disputes arise from time to time due to a variety of reasons. Difficulties generated by Covid-19 for contract performance may be one of them.
Due to difference of law and culture among countries, international dispute settlement is complicated:
- How to choose between lawsuit, arbitration or mediation?
- How to choose the country of lawsuit or arbitration?
- Which law to choose in the contract?
- How will the judgement or arbitration or mediation decision be executed?
Due to special nature of IP as compared to other laws, special strategies and rules need be applied:
- Can a Chinese trademark or patent be protected before French courts or vice versa?
- Will courts be competent for IP infringement if the contract has chosen arbitration for dispute settlement? Etc.
Our speakers will explain why and how to manage dispute settlements between Chinese companies and foreign companies in IP related arbitration, litigation and mediation procedures.
Date: Wednesday 10 June 2020
Time : 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Fees: Free for CCI FRANCE CHINE members | RMB 100 for non Members | Free for companies outside of China