- Entered the profession in 1996
- European patent attorney
- Authorized representative before the Office of Industrial Property (BE)
- Civil engineer and electrician with a focus on computer science and telecommunications (ULB 1974).
- Candidate in Physical Sciences (ULB 1972)
After studying engineering, Nicolas became a lecturer at the National University of Zaire in Kinshasa. Later, he joined the Université Libre de Bruxelles as a researcher in the Department of Theoretical Nuclear Physics and the Department of Experimental Physics. A few years later, he started a new professional career in the private sector, as a consultant in industrial automation for energy transmission and distribution companies or companies specializing in nuclear power, the steel industry or even telecommunications networks. Working alongside innovative industrial companies, he discovered the world of intellectual property. He joined an IP consulting firm where he is introduced to patents.
In 2000, he finally opened his own practice, alone at first and then surrounded by collaborators.
From 2000 to 2013, he worked as a part-time patent manager at IBA.
In 2015, building on this experience, he founded a new firm, P & P, with his partner, Marco Connor, with whom he offers quality support to companies active in an array of economic sectors.
Nicolas Pecher has been involved on numerous occasions with patent infringement litigation in Europe and the USA.
In addition, he is a member of the BeAngels selection committee.
- AIPPI and AnBPPI
- CEIPI teacher (basic training course preparation for the EQE)
- Teacher at the ULB (Continuing Education in Administrative and Formal Management of IP)
- EPI tutor